Designed around a very steep exposed site on the Barwon River the client’s brief was to design and build a home that took in the panoramic views while also providing more traditional aspects of a family home such as a sewing room and home office.
The owners chose natural timber cladding for the second story with a grey painted render on the lower story which blended the home into the steep hill. Large windows open onto a huge balcony which creates an indoor outdoor living area. The home features a spacious main bedroom suite complete with ensuite and walk in robe. The internal staircase is a feature of the home with its open tread spotted gum stairs and railing. Light filters in through high horizontal windows and a vertical glass two story wall.
- Timber spotted gum cladding
- Cement render
- Polished spotted gum floors
- Floor to ceiling glass in staircase
- Open tread spotted gum stairs
- Light filled living and entertainment areas
- Customized study
- Sewing room
- Large north facing deck and entertaining area off the living areas with panoramic views